1) Come as you are. There is no dress code or expectation. If you like to wear shorts and a t-shirt, wear shorts and a t-shirt. If you like to wear your "Sunday best" ~ feel free. All are truly welcome.
2) Expect to be welcomed. There will be folks at the entrance who will welcome and greet you. There will probably be people who will come up to you and ask your name and welcome you.
3) If you come at 8:00 a.m. expect a gathering of people who are a bit more quiet and subdued. We will sing traditional hymns and worship with a traditional liturgical style. If you are familiar with traditional Lutheran patterns of worship - you will feel very comfortable here.
4) If you come at 9:30 a.m. expect a worship band to be leading music and songs that you would hear on the Christian radio station. The worship band is low key but leads the songs with energy and talent. Worship at 9:30 is more casual and relaxed.
5) Expect to hear about Jesus. Expect to challenged and invited to honestly reflect on life and faith.
6) Holy Communion is offered at all services. All are welcome no matter their denominational membership, church background (or lack thereof), mood, or spirit. If you choose not to come forward for Holy Communion - that is also fine.
7) Sometimes the worship space has lots of kids and sometimes not. Depends on the day. The 9:30 service streams to a separate room where you can watch and listen if they need to run around. That is up to you. Kids are more than welcome in the service.
8) Expect to find many outlets to use your gifts and talents. You will not be asked to join a committee or volunteer for something, but the opportunities are there. If you wish to get involved, just ask!
What to Expect
When you come to worship at Westby Coon Prairie Lutheran Church you can expect the following: